Returns and Exchanges are an important eCommerce customer satisfaction strategy. 80% of visitors buy from Shopify Websites that have credible Returns & Exchange policies. Easy Returns and Exchanges not only foster positive branding but also provide customers with the ultimate retail benefit – the freedom to try and test products even after buying them. If you are building a website for your eCommerce brand, choose a dedicated Shopify Website Development Company in Delhi to avail the best Returns and Exchanges tools and features for your customers.
That said, processing Returns and Exchanges behind the scenes is complicated. It comes with a lot of operational challenges.
Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss the best practices to reduce Return Rates for Shopify Websites.
How to Reduce Return Rates on Shopify Stores?
Assuming you are an eCommerce brand, you already know the value Returns and Exchanges hold in online shopping. They add a layer of security, reliability, and convenience for the shoppers, making the brand look legitimate.
While this is the good part, the erratic returns by serial returners, significantly increasing the operational costs, is definitely a concern for eCommerce entrepreneurs. So, the only logical solution is tackling them using Shopify’s best practices for reducing return rates.
- Limit Returns Per Account Holder: You can create a Returns Policy for your brand that limits the number of returns per customer. This will ensure serial returns do not misuse the freedom and abuse the system. For instance, Myntra charges INR 50 per returned product from customers who cross the limit.
- Prepare Your Customer Care Team: Train your employees to answer return requests promptly across all sales points – social media, website, app, text, WhatsApp, email, and phone.
- Clearly Define Returns Policy: Make your Returns Policy evident and transparent and communicate it clearly to the customer. If it helps, add a small Note at the checkout to remind customers not to exceed the limit or to read the Returns Policy before placing the orders.
Due to a lack of clarity in Returns Policies, customer care teams often struggle to provide speedy solutions to the customer. Having well-defined and easy-to-understand Returns Policies will ensure they implement the right decision without troubling the decision-makers.
- Upgrade Your Website: Modify your website, product descriptions, and even the product according to the frequent return requests. For instance, if you have increasing size-related returns, change your size chart and provide multiple measurements on your website. You can also include a related document on how to measure the size based on the chart.
- Use a Competent Delivery Partner: Choose a delivery partner with excellent product delivery, return, and tracking history to make the entire process fast and efficient with zero monitoring.
- Use Process Automation: Implement process automation and real-time order management solutions to streamline order delivery, pickup, return, exchange, and other administrative activities.
Use DI Infotech’s IT services in Delhi to implement the best practices to reduce return rates on your Shopify Website.
What Includes in Shopify Return Features?
If you want to create a seamless Returns and Exchanges system for your eCommerce brand, choose Shopify Website Development Services in Delhi. Knowing the complexity of processing returns, Shopify has basic Returns Features for online businesses, which include:
- Creating a Return Request for an Order
- Enable Refund for an Order
- Restock a Product
- Mark Order as Returned
- Review Order Transaction History
However, these features may fall short for a developed eCommerce company as managing every stage of the order manually can take time and effort.
But Shopify supports integrations with various enterprise-level CRM applications and order management systems that can help you create a dynamic user experience for your customers.
To customize your own Shopify Returns and Exchanges application, connect with DI Infotech CRM software company in Delhi. Our effective solutions can help you navigate problems with your Shopify website and improve your ROI.
DI Infotech is a 17-year-old website development company in India, offering end-to-end Shopify Website Development Services in Delhi, including website designing and development, Shopify migration, eCommerce digital marketing, Shopify store management, Shopify upgrades, and other IT services in Delhi.